How To Use Rose Water For Dry Skin


Winter is here, and my dry skin is on the fritz again. However, with a little change in ingredients, I’ve been able to tweak my skincare routine to suit the weather. The tweaking involved introducing rose water to my beauty arsenal (read: stuff I find in my pantry).

If you have dry skin, I’m sure you can relate when I say keeping your skin hydrated is such a task. With your skin peeling or feeling stretchy about 90% of the time, figuring out a balanced skin care routine can seem almost impossible. And for most people with dry skin, this is a year-round problem. I found that the key to solving these issues lies in using ingredients that suit your skin type. And here’s what makes rose water an essential skincare ingredient for dry skin.

Is Rose Water Good For Dry Skin?

Rose water by itself is not going to do wonders for your skin, but in combination with other moisturizing ingredients, it helps keep your skin feeling hydrated for longer while also improving its texture. The reason this fragrant liquid suits dry skin is because of how efficiently it refines your pores without drying your skin out. Rose water is usually used as an additive in skincare treatments. It can be used by itself as a toner or in combination with other moisturizing ingredients for dry skin. Here, I’ve put together 4 rose water treatments that are keeping my skin feeling great this winter.

1. Rose Water For Dry Skin

You Will Need
  • 1 tbsp pure rose water
  • Cotton pad
  • Towel
  • Facial cleanser
  • Moisturizer

Prep Time
2 minutes

Treatment Time
5 minutes

Method
  1. Wash your face with a facial cleanser and pat dry.
  2. Saturate a cotton pad with the rose water and dab it onto your face.
  3. Let it dry.
  4. Once dry, moisturize your face.

How Often?

Twice a day.

Why This Works

Cleansing, toning, and moisturizing your face is an essential part of any skincare routine. This rose water toner, unlike most toners available on the market, is extremely gentle on your skin. It helps get rid of residual dirt and grime without drying out your skin. In fact, it leaves your skin feeling fresh and hydrated.

Comments